The drafting of the most-awaited cricket festival, the Pakistan Super League (PSL) 8 2023, will begin today. The 8th edition will commence on 15th February 2023, and the thrilling cricketing action will continue till 31st March 2023. Here are all the insights about the cricket carnival of Pakistan.
Drafting for PSL 8 2023
The official drafting will be carried out today where players are divided into five categories ( Platinum, Diamond, Gold, Silver, and Emerging). Each team has announced the list of retained players and has also picked its brand ambassadors & mentors.
— PakistanSuperLeague (@thePSLt20) December 14, 2022
Teams Participating In PSL 8 2023
In the 2023 edition, these 6 teams will battle to lift the trophy
- Islamabad United (Owner – Leonine Global Sports)
- Karachi Kings (Owner – Salman Iqbal, ARY Group)
- Lahore Qalandars (Owner – Fawad Rana, Qatar Lubricants Company)
- Peshawar Zalmi (Owner – Javed Afridi, Haier Pakistan)
- Quetta Gladiators (Owner – Nadeem Omer, Omer Association)
- Multan Sultans (Owner – Alamgir Tareen Khan)
Venue & Format for PSL 8
PSL 8 will follow the double-robin round format in which each team will play 2 matches. A total of 34 matches will be played, including the semi-finals and final. The venues for PSL 2023 are:
- Karachi: NBP Stadium
- Lahore: Gadaffi Stadium
- Multan: Multan cricket stadium
- Rawalpindi: Rawalpindi cricket stadium
Tentative Schedule for PSL 8
The official schedule is yet to be released by PCB. Tentatively the overall schedule can be as follow:
- The opening ceremony will commence at 6:00 PM.
- The opening match will be played at 7:00 PM.
- Matches on Friday will be played at 3:00 PM & 8:00 PM.
- On other days of the week, matches will begin at 2:00 PM & 7:00 PM.