ISLAMABAD: Foreign Office has denied the reports on Saturday that a deal was being finalised between the US and Pakistan to allow the former to use the latter’s airspace for airstrikes in Afghanistan.
According to various media reports, CNN had quoted three sources in its reports that were ‘familiar with the developments’. The report had said that the US Congress was briefed by the US government as to how it was closing a deal with Pakistan to use its airspace to conduct drone strikes in Afghanistan.
Pakistan Premier Imran Khan had previously said in an interview with foreign media that the country would not allow the US to use its airspace as was the case previously.
Leave a Reply