KARACHI: A committee is formed to investigate the fire incident at Saddar Cooperative Market by the Sindh Government. Firefighters, after working restlessly, controlled the fire during which a fireman, Sikander Ali, got injured and was shifted to Dr Ruth Pfau Civil Hospital. The cooling process ended on Monday.
According to police, a short circuit could be one of the reasons for the eruption of fire. Chief Minister Sindh Syed Murad Ali Shah has ordered to hold a survey to estimate the loss. The shopkeepers went to lodge a first information report (FIR) on Monday as they claim to have incurred losses worth Rs. 1 billion.
The shopkeepers said that more than 550 shops were burnt in the fire incident. Meanwhile, the police said that they were waiting for the report by the fire brigade department to identify the root cause of the incident.