The United Arab Emirates has announced the conditions and procedures for foreign nationals who wish to apply for Green Iqama. According to the directives issued by the UAE government, a Green Iqama is issued for 5 years and the Iqama holder does not need a sponsor or a host.
Iqama is issued to independent or private entrepreneurs and skilful people. However, independent business aspirants have to fulfil certain criteria to obtain a ‘Green Iqama Visa’.
Conditions for Iqama:
In order to obtain a Green Iqama visa for skilled workers, the following conditions must be fulfilled:
The holder of a work permit must be under an effective employment contract.
- A minimum of BA or equivalent education is required for Iqama.
- The monthly income should be 15 thousand dirhams.
- Individuals wishing to start a private business must also fulfil the prescribed conditions of Iqama.
- After the completion of the five years, Iqama can be extended for another five years.
Requirements for an independent work permit:
- It is issued by the Ministry of Manpower
- The minimum education of the candidate should be BA or equivalent.
- The annual income should be 3 lakh 60 thousand dirhams. Records of the last 2 years should be provided for verification.