The Directorate General of Immigration & Passports of Pakistan has launched this service after analyzing the issues faced by those who apply for a passport. Introducing this service will make it much easier for applicants to check the status of their passports without having to visit passport offices or stand in line. Track your Pakistani Passport Status and Check Online Details via SMS or Website. It is an extremely useful tool for anyone who wants to check their online Passport status.
Online Passport Tracking in Pakistan via SMS
Even if you don’t have an internet connection, you don’t need to fret as you can still check your passport status by SMS. Send your 11-digit token code to 9988 via SMS. Your passport status is sent immediately via SMS.
Tracking Through via Website
- Register as a user on the official Directorate General of Immigration & Passports Website (DGIP).
- Click on the Online Passport Tracking System, which will take you to Visit site click here.
- Enter the 11-digit tracking number/token number below and click on search.
- Your passport status will be updated immediately.
You are now ready to apply online.
Now, you have to:
- Click on the Get Started button.
- Register your account :
- In case you are within Pakistan, an SMS and email code will be sent to you for registration.
- In case you are abroad all required codes will be sent via email only.
- Create an application for Renewal of your machine readable passport and provide details for your application.
- Provide your address for machine readable passport delivery.
- Pay Fee through a Credit Card/Debit Card.
- Provide the required personal details.
- Provide your present and permanent addresses.
- Upload your photograph.
- Upload the supporting documents required by the application.
- Download the form, capture the 4 fingerprints asked by the system.
- Set the scanner at 600 DPI, JPEG/JPG and Grayscale. Scan and upload the form.
- Review the information you provided, sign the declaration and then submit the application.
How long will the Online Application Process take?
The following table shows the approximate time taken to complete an online application, assuming that you fulfill all the prerequisites.
|Estimated Completion Time|
|1.||Register user||2 min|
|2.||Select application category||1 min|
|3.||Give passport delivery details||1 min|
|4.||Pay fee||2 min|
|5.||Provide personal information||1 min|
|6.||Provide Address details||2 min|
|7.||Upload photograph||1 min|
|8.||Upload supporting documents||1 min|
|9.||Print, scan and upload fingerprint form||5 min|
|10.||Review and Submit application||0.5 min|
|Total estimated time||16.5 min|